Congratulations, Alisha Onushko!!
135# Split Jerk
125# Overhead Squat
195# Back Squat
175# Front Squat
Even more, Alisha and Holli came in 4th (out of 17) at the "Combat at the Coosa" Garage Games competition a few weeks ago!! This girl is on Fire!
Be sure to give her a hug and congratulate Alisha Onushko on being May's Member of the Month!
1. What do you do when you’re not at the gym? Your profession? I'm a financial controller for a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter upfitter company based in Trussville. We build shuttles for hotels, airports and colleges as well as executive mobile offices. When we aren't working, Alex and I like kayaking, golfing, going to the lake, playing with our dogs and anything outdoors.
2. How did you find out about CF? A couple of years ago, we were looking for something to watch on TV and landed on the CrossFit Games. I was amazed at what people could put their bodies through. It kind of seemed impossible and a little crazy!
3. What makes you come in and train on days that you don’t want to? Alex and I try to hold each other accountable on those days. I started doing CrossFit because I was tired of feeling drained every night after work. On days when I would rather just go home, I think about those old days and bad habits. I don't want to be that person again. I have a certain number of goals that I want to reach and going home isn't going to help me get there.
4. What’s your favorite movement and/or workout? I get a little excited when we have squat days in strength. I love any workout that has back squats, front squats or cleans.
5. What’s one thing you would like to accomplish within CF in the next year? My ultimate goal is to be the fittest I've ever been but my year goal is to be at a level where I can compete RX. I have several movements to master before that can happen but having that goal drives me everyday when I workout.
6. Name something about you that’s a little-known fact. Not very many people know that I can play the piano. I took lessons for 11 years.