I work as a global program manager for my company, Johnson Controls/Tyco. I work with our application engineering groups throughout the world focusing on delivery, processes, and standards for our building controls group (card access control, cameras, intruder alarms, and fire alarms).
2. How did you find out about CF?
JohnE and Joanna talked me into trying CrossFit out with CrossFit Irondale. I have awesome friends.
3. What makes you come in and train on days that you don’t want to?
This is a tough question --- I actually want to come to the gym every day. Sometimes my schedule or body tells me no, but I actually want to be there every day. I look forward to the people, the workouts, and the challenge. It helps me stay balanced in my life and helps me release stress.
4. What’s your favorite movement and/or workout?
Anything pushup related… I actually feel like I can keep up with the youngsters on those exercises….At least for a little while.
5. What’s one thing you would like to accomplish within CF in the next year?
Muscle ups – I need to accomplish muscle ups – not just one but all the muscle ups
6. Name something about you that’s a little-known fact.
I worked in restaurants out of college and am a pretty good cook. I really enjoy cooking food for people, learning their taste palates, and trying to create the perfect dish.