Congratulations, Dave Feller!
Dave is always a highlight of our day at CrossFit Irondale! He walks in with a big smile on his face and is ready to workout….literally EVERYDAY!! Need some help with setting up or putting away equipment? Dave is already on it and does it without you even asking, and always with a smile. His work ethic has been amazing. He wants to get better each and every day, and we love the competitiveness he has with his wife, Courtney. This guy is one of the most selfless human beings we have ever met! He has a kind spirit and passion to help others! Congrats on being chosen as April Member of the Month, DAVE!
1. What do you do when you’re not at the gym? Your profession? I'm an IT professional for a software company that specializes in workflow solution software for banks.
2. How did you find out about CF? We have friends that have done CrossFit for years. We (Courtney and I) were looking for something new to try and the rest is history.
3. What makes you come in and train on days that you don’t want to? I decided that I wanted to be more physically fit than I have been in the last decade. Wanting that level of fitness drives me to come in on days I don't feel like it.
4. What’s your favorite movement and/or metcon? Burpees, No lie. How can such a simple move work your entire core and tire you out so quickly? I enjoy workouts that have an element of cardio (200m runs) and weight lifting.
5. What’s one thing you would like to accomplish within CF in the next year? A muscle up, but realistically I'd like to have mastered everything we do so that I don't need examples or practice before the WOD starts
6. Name something about you that’s a little-known fact. Before starting CrossFit, I had didn't have full mobility in my left arm (I couldn't scratch my back with it). I suffered from a seizure that strained my arm so badly that I had a bruise covering my upper arm like a tattoo sleeve. CrossFit has been my physical therapy that has fully recovered me. I've since fall ‘in love with the lifestyle!