- What do you do when you’re not at the gym? Your profession?
I am a full-time student at UAB. I work at the Trussville YMCA in child care, and I also babysit every afternoon.
- How did you find out about CF? I used to be “anti-crossfit” and swore up and down that I would never do it, until one day, this guy I knew from church started talking about it. He invited me to come to something called "open gym". All this was just a smooth way to get my number, and eventually ask me out. That smooth fellow happened to be ‘ole Alex Bearden. So, my love for crossfit was introduced to me by my other love, Bearden.
- What makes you come in and train on days that you don’t want to?
Usually, on days I don't feel like training..which is often, especially when the asault air bike is involved, I am reminded of all my teammates who will be suffering through the same workout. So, in my mind I think that if they can do it then so can I. I know that if I do skip, someone is bound to ask where I was, and that is #1 thing I love about our gym: the genuine relationships I've formed and how we all hold one another accountable and encourage eachother. Secondly, on days I don’t feel motivated to come, Alex will always look at me and say, "Do you want to get better today??" This drives me crazy, but it always does the job!!
- What’s your favorite movement and/or workout?
By far, my favorite movement is Clean and Jerk for sure!!
- What’s one thing you would like to accomplish within CF in the next year?
I would die if i could get a muscle up or two, and I would really like to get my clean PR up to 175!
- Name something about you that’s a little-known fact. I am a HUGE animal advocate and love all the fur babies of the world!!